Well said guys. I shouldn't make blanket statements about fish behavior. We have often said that all ponds are different. Also, location matters a lot. I have often said that I have very limited knowledge about fish behavior in more Northern climates. I know quite a bit about what happens, or generally happens, around my area. But everything changes when we go from West Texas to East Texas. Having a curious nature, I've killed a lot of fish when I start wondering what would happen if..... But that doesn't mean much when the location, climate, soils are different.

I've studied and read a lot about GSF. I like those mutts. Generally, GSF spawn once per year. However, how about the GSF that spawns with a BG and it's progeny re spawn with BG or CNBG? At what point, generations later, does the GSF traits weaken and spawning becomes more often? I don't know and haven't seen any University or peer reviewed studies about it.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP