Not everyone is familiar with or knows about this forum. Some new members will always be arriving and some members leaving. The problem with forum 'labels' is one does not know who is actually on the "other end". If you look at the profile for Centrarchid, one will see that he is an instructor (Professor) of Aquaculture in Missouri. For one to be a full Professor, as opposed to an assistant or associate professor, they have earned tenure and normally have to have published papers, and be regularly publishing in professional journals. I am sure that Centrarchid will send you his professional resume if asked.

As a moderator, I apologize for doubtful behavior of some of the members due to the fact the forum often gets participants that make unusual or unproven claims without verified evidence. Speaking as a moderator, this forum prides itself as providing accurate information about pond management topics. By far we are not all knowing. We try to dismiss wives tales, myths, and try to separate facts from fiction. Most of our basic knowledge or facts come from information published in peer reviewed journals and fishery books. Thus without data as a backup for statements that appear contrary, some members will be naturally questioning new information that does not agree with published literature. I had to deal with some of these same doubts, when I wrote articles in PBoss magazine about smallmouth bass being able to survive well in warm water ponds and southern ponds.

As far as publishing the new information about frequency of GSF spawning one could start by putting a technical note; in Fisheries Magazine, The North American Journal of Aquaculture or better yet, get one or two of your students or you put together a short article with a couple picture or some data (1200-2500 words) for Pond Boss magazine about spawning habits of green sunfish or several of the common sunfishes. It would be a good way to get one of your students with an article in print. Dr. Wes Neal (Assoc Prof Mississippi State), Dr. Brian Graeb Assoc Prof at South Dakota State and some of their students regularly have articles in Pond Boss magazine. Previously Dr. David Willis Professor SDSU until his untimely death with occasionally a student wrote articles for each issue of PBoss magazine. Dr Claude Boyd regularly has an article about water chemistry in each PBoss issue. We welcome all new authors of fishery and pond management articles at Pond Boss magazine to keep readers up-to-date about fish raising information, especially new ideas and data.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 08/15/17 09:05 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management