ewest, will be looking into the seine now. Haven't been able to look at the MSU publication yet but will. I never knew about taking a simple survey. That would be very interesting and fun. The kids would really enjoy that. Might be a good how-to thread!

Centrarchid, I guess we all start with dreams of pure strain fish that are big and healthy, whatever species they might be. I have just read horror stories of GSF taking over and out competing LMB for forage. My forage was to be BG. As I have learned, I have looked back at ALL my mistakes I have made with this pond...oh such a list. There isn't any going back now. Just trying to learn what I can about the two...GSF and BG to try to push back more towards the BG and away from the bucket stocked GSF. I know from what I have learned "it all depends"...but I learn a little more everyday thanks to the great folks here! Sorry a little longer than 50 words.

Pat, I'm making lots of lemonade! lol

Question for all with GSF and BG or information about them. Do you seem to have beds around your pond nearly all summer with GSF all over them? The beds are in very shallow water...and seem to be there for nearly a week, then a day or so without then more beds. This goes on all summer.

Thanks again!