Originally Posted By: BrianL
What size are you looking at? Biggest problems are usually dealing with water shed. Is there enough, too much, how does the water get in/out and is that area in good shape? How deep?

It averages about 18 acres but looking back on google earth it looses ground down at the shallow end pretty bad in some years.

Is there a site where I could go back and look at local rain fall by year and month?

The watershed is somewhere between 400 and 450 acres 90% wooded and has at least one small spring. Current owner claims that the spillway runs 6 to 8 months of the year on average. The spillway is a fairly nice 40' concrete level sill that flows gently into a creek and down the valley. The area past the spillway is currently grown over with wild flowers and weeds so Im guessing it is not eroded much if any.

Current owner says about a 1/4 of the lake has an old rock pit and goes over 20' deep. It comes up a shelf to about 10' and the majority of the lake is about 7' tapering off to a obviously very shallow end. I am hoping to get out on the lake with a depth finder to verify this in the next couple of days.

The issues that I see without knowing much are the vegetation in the shallow end, large trees on back of damn and a soggy bottom behind the damn. Due to the trees surrounding the entire bank I assume there are several feet of muck on the bottom that may need to be dealt with too.

Now I need to figure out how to post pics!

Last edited by InTheHills; 08/12/17 08:04 PM.