Your main goal for night air is there is no D.O. being produced in the pond if anything it's being sucked out and that could be bad if you have to many fish. As far as big change in water temps... well obviously it's not changing that fast or that much or you would have other issues, but in general it's cooler at night hence the mixing of the water at night I would think would not be as detrimental as doing it when the sun is beating down on my pond at 103 degrees v.s. 74 at night in the dark. All you have to do is walk from the sun into the shade and you can feel a BIG difference. Is that the deciding factor to run air at night? No.. it's the NO D.O. being produced which is the deciding factor.

If my pond produced D.O. during the night and not during the day... I would run my air during the day surface water temps and depth temps IMO would be a secondary worry not a primary.

RC

If you can run 110 to your pond I would. That's what I did and put mine on a timer. I run my air from 8 PM till daylight and it shuts off. By doing this in my area I use about 10 to 11 bucks a month.

Last edited by RC51; 08/10/17 07:33 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!