Well I now know why they were only 12$.... Membrane only no housing. So i got creative and cut a top of an Ozarka bottle and gorilla glued in the membrane and some fittings on the nozzle to allow my PVC fittings to attach. Someone mentioned the holes were too big and after my testing i disagree. Upflow of water is intense and has about a 5'' dome of water protruding from the water level. Over all i have a Thomas 2660 110V that is already mounted in a powder coated metal box with vents cut, fans wired up, and filters inlet/outlet(removed the outlets for better flow.) I still think i need to purchase more hose that is weighted but it came with 20' of goodyear hose that i am currently using. All in all i am in this for $235 dollars. I think it is a pretty good deal. Next I am going to upgrade the underwater system with a second membrane and weighted hose. I attached a Stainless weight to the bottom and the membrane ends up floating about a foot off the pond floor. Right out of the muck.

I also attached a decoy mallard to the top of the membrane so i can pull out the membrane for maintenance.

Don't laugh at the glue job.

Pool is 6' Deep

Just an average guy trying to keep up two ponds.
Main pond 9000 sq ft with 1700 sq ft island 5.5ft avg depth
Second pond 2400 sq ft 4ft avg depth