After reading supreme pondmeister Bob Lusk's account of how he used crumble to feed YOY BG, I got some too. A call to Texas Hunter confirmed that it wouldn't cause mechanical problems, so put some in my feeders, especially those near CNBG beds.

On the plus side, it hasn't hurt the TH feeder. Also, seems to have worked (along with new chara), as I'm seeing vastly more YOY fish, including 1/2 inchers! smile

On the other hand, there's been some negatives. One, crumble attracts ants like crazy! It doesn't get blown far from the feeder, and often some falls around the feeder. Even a dock-based feeder ended up calling in the ant brigades to forage. Be prepared, it WILL happen!

Two, when it gets humid, the crumble tends to cake. On several feeders we've found that they no longer throw feed, simply because the regular feed was literally glued together by crumble! Thorough mixing helps, but does not eliminate this problem.

Overall, well worth the problems. Best to know the drawbacks in advance, though. Mr. Pondboss used feeders over the water that simply shook the crumble down, and now I know why... wink

Last edited by anthropic; 08/04/17 07:23 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160