The reason is this:

If I would normally pay (using my place as an example) $3500 a year in taxes. With the WLM, I pay about $600. (I have a cabin on my ranch otherwise we would be looking at about $75)

If I used protein pellets, I would use them whether I had the WLM or not as this is a hunting ranch and I want to improve the hunting, right?

So if they are giving me a tax break or about $2,900 a year if I use said pellets, it would be like double-dipping if I got another $300 off each year for using the pellets to qualify for the other $2,900.

There is a cost for saving money and, as folks have said before, you have to weigh the cost of what you would normally do vs what would be required.

This is why I tried to develop a plan that meets or exceeds the requirements but costs very little. Defeats the purpose if you pay the cost anyway, unless you just have money to burn.

Me, State employee.. every penny counts so I had a start-up cost of the water tanks and such, and now we are building 1500 gallon water catchment guzzlers, and those cost a little, but.. they are for the long term to spend less.

Anyway, just yakking. Look at what you do now. Look at what you want to do more of or less of, and then base the decision of WLM or AG based on that.

Russ