My 7 year old daughter has become very keen at knowing if a fish is a GSF or a BG. We have been removing GSF for the last year every time we fished. Well about a month ago I decided we would embrace the GSF and maybe add some more BG at a later date. They are VERY plentiful, we have all sizes, they are easy and fun for kids to catch.

Last night she came in our room and hopped up on the bed and asked us if we knew what she wanted on her birthday cake next year. We asked her if it was a horse...she said no...unicorn...she said no...a cow...she said no...she loves animals by the way...so jokingly I ask "A green sunfish!?!?" She looked at me with big eyes and said YES!! Thats it!! My wife and I died laughing. My wife asked her, well what about a crappie or a bass or something. She said no, green sunfish. We finally talked her into a bass, or a little girl fishing on a pond. I feel this is not the end of this conversation...lol. For all the ill feelings towards the GSF and all we do to try to rid or avoid them, there is a little girl in Arkansas with a soft heart for them...even wanted them to be part of her birthday!

Thought this would get a smile from most. lol