Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Don, what kind of grass do you have?

Our native grass is rye grass. All of our lawn for around the house and pond is a three rye mix. An early mid and late season rye. There is the odd blue grass and believe it or not some Bermuda grass. Years ago on this farm we imported some bermuda grass to add to our late season hay mix. The crown of the bermuda could not handle out January thaw but some still persists.

We are looking for more of an even dark green colour of the grass. We cut at 3.75" so not to damage the root mass too much.

I have used some Ammonia Sulfate this year mostly to cut down on the rust blight late in the season. Seems to be working but we have had some good rain as of late too. We applied 5# per 1000 square feet.

The ammonia really dose a great job giving that nice dark colour but is so hard to apply with out burning with a liquid form. Ammonia nitrate is impossible to get our hands on in Canada.

I was thinking of trying to add 28% liquid ammonia but not sure how to go about that with out frying the whole lawn. Maybe drizzle nozzles in the rain or something, I don't really know.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.