Thanks skullet. So far it is doing great. It stays about 6 inches from full pool a week or so after a rain. I believe this is due to the concrete inlet/outlets I put in. I think it seeps underneath them. I raised the original level anyways so it stays where I want it. I nailed about a two foot square piece of the material to a tree so I could see how long it takes for the material to start to deteriorate. I figure if it last two years in the sun and weather I can multiply that by 10 since it is under 8 inches of dirt and will get no uv rays (it is uv protected though) and temperature should stay consistent. I will definitely keep this post updated if I see any negative issues going on but so far so good. The wife wants me to do the larger pond now. smile Think I will hold off for awhile and see what happens. If I did it again there might be a few modifications I would do.

1. Go higher above the final water level more than what I did. Might have a few places where liner is just below full pool. That could be contributing to the 6 inch below full pool issue I mentioned.
2. Should have made it bigger by lessening the slope of the banks. This would have made it easier to cover the liner with the machine.