Hi de ho, Everybody. At John F's recommendation, We cut back slightly so our 50# will last all month. The Tilapia have done good, though it took longer than I wanted. Next year, I will double my order. There is still some FA along some edges, but it's nothing like before we put them in. We're seeing lots of small fry, but we're not sure if it is Sunfish or Tilapia. I need to buy some traps and see up close. We see lots of turtles and frogs too! A darn snake came racing past me this morning and I almost messed my drawers. He went straight into the water and I never saw him again. I don't know if y'all know it or not, but I don't like snakes too much!

This pond is alive with all sorts of dragon flies and various other bugs. I haven't noticed mosquitoes being too bad though and that's a good thing. We have lots of chiggars though if you get close to that Johnson grass. We try to keep our feed trail clear so it isn't a problem if you don't wander off the trail. I do enjoy this pond and the joy it brings makes the few dollars spent stocking and feeding SO worth it!

We're not fishing it yet. I'm patiently waiting, but I tell u what, come September, ima gonna put some fish in the fryer!

Last edited by farmallsc; 07/20/17 02:01 PM.