So I'm currently doing a complete renovation on my pond. When completed the pond will be about a half acre and averaging about 12' in depth.
I'm just doing some research ahead of time and can't really decide whether I want to go with hybrids or bluegill/red ears. I have read that in a small pond like this hybrids would be ideal, though imcon erned about the reproduction. Some reading has led me to see the hat win hybrids it is a common practice to kill off pond every 3-5 years to get rid of any second order third generations, don't really want to go through all that.
On top of the gills I would like to put in a dozen or so channel cats and stock largemouth bass according pond size stocking suggestions. I will more than likely be pellet feeding these fish as well. The primary goal of the pond is for large gills and an occasional bass or cat.
I realize this is a very debated topic but would like to hear some incite on my personal pond conditions. Any questions please let me know, thank you ahead of time.