Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I still maintain that this validates my philosophy. Anytime you depend upon anyone else, you put yourself at their mercy. Certainly we all rely on others, everyday, but we should take strides to place as much as possible under our direct control. It may not be cheap or easy, but it is very satisfying.

My business and personal philosophy for years.

I agree, that is why I am starting medical school, a blacksmithing class, a welding class, and in my spare time, law school. These skills should go well with my degree in CS as well as my tactical background. Sure glad I have all my land to grow my own food and my own pond to grow my fish, lobster, crab, squid, and all the other tasty treats. Then, in my spare time as well, I plan on building my own roads, and a space program to explore with. I knew I could do it alone.

Okay, satire complete, we can't do it alone. But we can do more. I doubt many here could host their own site and keep up with all the patches and updates, not to mention hardware requirements and networking issues. That is why S3 is there. And that is why all the other professionals exist as well. We take for granted the things we want and value the things we do because we understand the efforts we go through. I for one understand a lot about the complexity of our society, and I am grateful for the professionals I work with in all areas of my life.

Now its off to the doctor for my annual physical.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%