Originally Posted By: John F
I have been on here nearly a year and done extensive researching of the archived threads. As far as benefit, I have probably obtained over 90% of what I needed. So, now it's mainly a social site, and I can even answer some questions based on my own successes and failures. It's good to share experiences with people who have common interests.

I have been on the other (Astronomy) forum I mentioned for 13 years, and it is still free to post. Many have come and gone in that time, and there are a handful of old timers still active. Mostly I answer questions there, and socialize due to common interests. That forum does not allow third party photo linking, as it has its own hosting, but the photos are size restricted to 500k each.

John's thoughts mirror my own. The implication that there is an "end" of sorts, to the amount of desired information. We all recognize that our ponds/fish will continue to present challenges, but we see ourselves as having obtained a satisfactory for our needs, level of proficiency.

For myself and others, the mindset is " the info I need is available free, right here". We're not pond pros, we don't make our living with ponds, we don't always see the need for the enhanced level of detail offered by the mag, vs the forum.

John, if I have misinterpreted your meaning, I apologize.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.