Contact the local sheriff office. In Texas, loose or stray cattle fall under their jurisdiction and the sheriff will come get the cows. On different occasions I had cows show up in the middle of my wildlife food plots and neither time were the cows from my bordering neighbors. Once was an older black man's cows and he was quick to come get them with my assistance. He told me Black men don't tag or brand their cows in E Texas, I did not now that. His cows have not been back on my place since. But I did have some other cows show up and after tracking them back to the owners through phone calls all around the area, an old woman and her old son was determined to be the owners of these cows and I approached this situation as any good or nice neighbor should. She may have had a tough day but I was glad she was not a bordering neighbor. I offered to help repair the fence but she and her son said no thanks and they came and gathered up the cows. A month or so later their cows showed back up and right back in the wildlife food plots. I went back to her place and told her about the cows destroying the food plots again and she said I was the reason she did not see deer on her place any more, because of the soy beans and peas I had planted. Their place is aa couple of miles away from my place. I then informed her, next time they showed up on my place I would contact the sheriff and they will come get the cows. The cows have not been back since and that was three years ago. Thank goodness she is not a bordering neighbor.

Last edited by TGW1; 06/28/17 06:28 PM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy