I have transferred 10 Arrowhead plants to my pond (about 5 weeks ago) and they have all done nicely and some have multiplied from one large clump to three additional smaller ones (no flowers present on transplants).

However, the pond must have been seeded already as many, many have sprouted near the banks that have no rock covering. I feel like I should hurry and order some other types for diversity's sake so that the pond is not overrun with one type of plant. I think the arrowheads are a great plant to have, but would like some variety.

I am thinking about...

White or Blue Pickerel (Pontederia cordata)
Kidney-leaf mud plantain (Heteranthera reniformis)
Sweet Flag
Hardy Water Canna (Thalia Dealbata)
Blue Flag Iris (Iris versicolor)
Cardinal Flower (Lobelia cardinalis)
Common Spikerush
Bulrush
Bur-Reed

My limited research tells me that these options are fairly safe and mostly native to Missouri. I wanted to throw them out there to the forum for comments. I will not be able to afford all of these, but will pick 4 types and go with it next week.

If any one near me in Missouri wants to talk plant trading or merely wants to pick up some arrowhead PM me. I live 10 minutes from I-70 mile marker 79. I could even consider mail trading if you can school me on the shipping requirements of pond weeds.

Fish on!,
Noel