Originally Posted By: highflyer
Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I would take more CC out, and try to get a handle on the BG and RES numbers. If you have a seine or cast net, I would sample the pond. It would be a good way to "take a look" at your numbers.

Also, you might want to add one or two female LMB to keep recruitment down some. And they would be fun to catch as well!

I caught four more CC this evening, totalling 11 lbs 7 oz. I have now removed over 34-1/2 pounds of CC since the event.

A few weeks ago I put in five LMB from 5 to 8 inches, and there was already one in there about 14" (don't know how it arrived for sure).

FHM population is already way down; there was a lot of minnow biomass in early May, and large numbers of young BG from last fall.

We don't have freezer space for many CC, so we are eating a lot of them as we catch them.

BG really aren't big enough to eat. There is too much structure and FA to use any kind of capture net.

The CC have huge amounts of yellowish fat in their body cavities around the intestines and liver. It has the consistency of lard.

I have cut way back on feeding for the past nine days.

Last edited by John F; 06/26/17 09:50 PM.