On another forum recently there was a thread for those who have been hooked. You know, the fish hooked you, you hooked yourself, or your mate hooked you. I haven't found such a topic here on PBF so I thought why not? The pictures / videos are often a source of inspiration ...

To set the stage for this hooking: my mate and I were yak fishing in N GA mountains. Typical mountain weather with rain, sun, rain, sun, repeat. I cast up, way up, into the trees as I often do. Seriously I like to toss lures up into trees or onto the bank, wait, and then plop them into the water. Well this cast I anchored the lure in the tree and the tug of war began. In short order I realized the potential for that lure to break free and become a missile with myself as its sole target. The line was tight, I kept working it from about 35 feet away in my yak, and suddenly it broke free. That stupid lure was now making its way straight at me in my yak. I had enough time only to turn my head sideways and felt the lure bury itself in my head. Immediately I was happy because had I not had the split moment decision to turn the darn lure would be in my left eye. Trace the lure around from where it rests and you will line it up with my eye. And I wasn't wearing polarized glasses that day. So I consider myself very fortunate.

I tug at it a bit then use my cell phone to snap a pic so I can see what the damage looks like. I realize it would be easier to find my mate and have him yank it instead of me messing with it anymore. Off I paddled to find him. Of course I set him up - I asked him how he did and then he asked how I fared. I said I landed a monster! He got super excited and then I turned my head to show him the monster I landed. smile

He starts yanking at it on the water, our yaks are rocking back and forth, and while we're wet from the rain I just decided I didn't want to swim so we stopped that nonsense and paddled to shore. A fast, strong yank with pliers and out came that lure. I sure felt my scalp separate from my skull and snap back to it though. A rinse with distilled water, betadine cleanse, and back into the yaks for more fishing.

Who else has a pic of their hooking?