"Southern Flounder" will I know for a fact, the "summer flounder" I am not 100% on going to zero salinity.

Acclimating is nothing special , just do water changes in the live well replacing it with fresh water. You will need a bubbler running. Be sure to not use city water(chemicals) or water that has been "Softened", Hard water better for some biological reason that is over my head...I just go with it...

I have been playing around with different timing between changes,as a rule of thumb slow is better

I have always done 50% at a time, so basically original salt water they came from , drain 50% add fresh water to refill to original level, then drain 50% refill to original level repeat..

I have found that after the first two it is best to slow down.

(assuming estuary water is at 30 PPT salinity)

50%- wait 4 hours - 15 PPT
50% wait 6-12 twelve hours 7.5 PPT (brackish)

usually try to do the first two changes on the first day so they can do an over night soak after the second 50% you can plan around your days schedule the timing is not exact.

second morning do
50% let it sit all day, while at work or what ever...(3.75 PPT)

50% that night before you settle in for the evening and let it sit all night. how ever long that might be. 1.87 ppt getting real close to freshwater.

you could release them in the pond the following day...with pretty good feeling of success. If you have the time it might be safe to do another 50% and let them soak another 6 hours or something...

if you can, using the pond water they are going into for the last few changes its best.

You could bring fresh water with you so when you leave the boat ramp or fishing spot you can go ahead and add the first 50% change and get the clock started on your ride home.

I we can talk a little if you wanted to give it a shot... its not rocket science.

Last edited by BobbyRice; 06/23/17 09:36 AM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia