Don't know how many CC have survived since stocking. I stocked 78, found two dead the first winter, have taken seven out since last fall from 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. I would bet there is close to 180 to 200 lbs CC in my 1/4 acre pond still. Can't harvest now. They are not much interested in food, so won't bite a hook. I have been monitoring closely, and will attempt to net out any CC that seem to be in distress. At least I can eat the ones I can net out before they die. Hopefully, with the pause in feeding, things will return close enough to normal that I can catch a bunch of them out.

I just finished removing at about 250 pounds of FA without muddying too much. I found a good method. I had about a 20 foot dried sapling pole with a bunch of nubs near the end. Insert into a mat of FA and rotate the stick several times, then drag out and clean off. Found several big crawdads wrapped in there as I was cleaning it off. Maybe they are eating FA?

Edit: Thurs June 22 - no more dead fish found. Threw out small amount of food this morning; CC ate it right away. Going to try to fish out as many as I can late this afternoon.

Last edited by John F; 06/22/17 04:09 PM.