Am I freaking out for no reason? My concern is the bloom that's going on at the pond. Water secchi readings are at 10 to 12 " and the cnbg numbers at the feeders are way down. Maybe 80% less fish eating at the feeders. The water is HOT, 90 degrees in the mid day. Its been this way for the past 12 days or so.
I cut back the feeding time this year because I did not want to fight strong or excess blooms again this year. But that has not helped. I have 6 diffusers running 24/7 and thinking about cutting them off 4 hrs during the hottest time of the day, but with all the plankton in the water, I am concerned shutting them off could make water conditions worse. The last Pond Boss Magazine had an article on 12" visibility of green water and it's benefits, but dam, this 10 to 12" green water visibility is kinda of freaking me out to the point I had the elec coop come out and tell me they want $10,000 bucks to get elec to the pond. Now I am looking at solar and or generators for surface aerators, agitators. Money disposal systems. Your thoughts please

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy