just came back in from pumping again today 30 minutes as suggested. Good news I think... had a smell on start up though not as strong. It lasted about 15 minutes. Last 15 minutes I really could not smell anything. Sounds like it is improving. I did notice something I'm not sure is right... My pump is 20 ft from the waters edge. I ran regular 3/8th inch automotive airhose to the waters edge and spliced into the weighted airline right at the waters edge. I have 3 air hoses. I enclosed the 3 in a 2 inch pvc pipe 20 ft long to reach the pond edge. Only about one foot of hose is sticking out of the pvc pipe closest to the pump. What I noticed is this air hose is getting pretty darn hot,even running only 30 minutes. I can hold on to it with my hand but does that sound normal? I guess it doesn't help the 90 degree sun was cooking on it too? I live in a town of 800 people and don't have anybody close by to see how there pumps are doing. Should I wrap some insulation around these hoses to help? Maybe enclosing the 3 hoses that close together in the pipe is causing too much heat.

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.