That one lands at my feet, my friend! I was too slow and it's my fault - I'll send you $75 towards your next set of forks! grin

You gave me the idea when we were talking once several years ago. I didn't have any success using the rake on my 3 point hitch as the whole thing raised above the bottom contour as the tractor climbed the edge of the pond. I think you pointed me to a post on TractorbyNet where a guy rigged up a plow on his FEL.

I bought a used 6' bucket to connect the quick hitch to but my friend gave the idea some thought and suggested the forks would be a much better option with greater reach. I've used it once so far on the small pond and it's amazing what it has done. There was a huge amount of FA around the entire perimeter - and throughout a lot of the center - so I went in along the dam reaching out probably 8 to 10 feet and not only scooped the FA, but also essentially dredged the bottom removing a lot of years of built up muck. After a few days when all the disturbance settled out, I realized that there was virtually no FA any longer in the areas I was able to reach.

If the Boss feels it would be worthwhile, I'd be happy to work up an article on it for the magazine with lots of pics of the rake assembly and a good discussion of what we did.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB