Originally Posted By: RobertFisher
Originally Posted By: John F
That's not a dam. It's a wall of a large tank. I don't think what you are proposing would be practical in an outdoor setting. If you made it work, you would need to set the glass panel in a silicone bed in a concrete wall. The glass would constantly be covered with dirt and algae. If the pond froze, the glass would probably break. Any vandal with a big rock could drain your pond.

Yes the glass in the video is not a dam, but in my situation it can function as a dam, because I do need to build up something on the lower end.

YOu gave me an inspiration... I'm thinking if I can make the pond come up to the house, and have the glass be part of my house wall... That way I can view from inside the house and the glass/plastic would be protected...

I will be building an accessory dwelling unit later, so I could incorporate the two projects together.

My buddy's swimming pool did that. There was two large viewing windows in his basement that let you view the pool. Very cool and the basement was quite cool too.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.