peoria county, illinois

neighbor fall of 2016 installed new drain tile in his field and then cut across my land to end drain tile in my grass waterway. that feeds my lake.

neighbor never obtained permission to run drain tile on my land, and i am not seeing any easements from previous owners of both properties were an easement might have been.

this was a new drain tile install.

===========
lake is approx 1.25 or 1.5 acres in size.
i want to say 24 or 30 max depth.
i am guessing 15 feet average depth
triangle shape more 3 sided pyramid with center being deepest.

stocking
--channel catfish
--large mouth bass
--bluegil
--i want to say 2 white almur grass carp in there. currently. i need to re check old receipts to find out, and wonder if still even alive. the older ones i know have recently died in last few years.

===========
issues
--lots of extra silt coming into lake. from drain tile itself, but also the grass waterway has never seen this much water. and not design to deal with amount of water and is causing additional erosion.
--of 550 feet of grasswaterway, the drain tile by passes 250 feet of it.

--massive algae bloom, to point 1/2 if not 3/4 of surface has been covered in algae over the last week. it has never been this bad.

--the over flow on lake is working perfectly, and is maintaining constant max water level.

--my bridge, use to have 12" or more dirt under both ends, and now the soil on shore/banks of lake have suddenly begin collapsing. resulting in both ends of the bridge to collaspe into the water. the middle of the bridge, has 2 sets of poles holding it up. but the ends different story. the bridge been then for over 20 plus years without any sort of issue of shore/banks eroding.

--dock that use to hinge on shore/bank and then float out on the water with 55 gallon drums. now requires you step over water to get on it. due to sudden erosion.

--overall shore/banks have eroded to point trees that line the shore/bank have become exposed.

=============

i am looking at most likely requiring "sediment ponds" being built into the grass waterway. so as to beef up extra filtration to reduce silt going into lake.

most likely looking at a windmill aeration system, to help deal with low level dissolved oxygen levels from drain tile water. (3/4 mile to nearest grid utility pole)

it is more likely just placing poles under bridge will help raise up ends, but not sure what i am going to do about extending bridge to the actual shore/banks. bridge built out of i want to say 2x10's or 2x12's, i want to say 50 feet long, approx 3 feet wide. with 5.5x1 deck boards.

the dock, most likely going to require a small retaining wall out of 6x4 or 6x6's to stabilize shore/bank to re connect it.

most likely will need to install an extra culvert down below the dam in order to deal with extra water going through lake.

==========
will be contacting
--EPA,
--agriculture department,
--finding out if i am in a water district and contacting them
--soil and water conservation government agency
--not sure if i will have to deal with IDOT (Illinois department of transportation) to deal with erosion.

===========
i have most stuff documented. but getting serious and trying to get everything lined up and documented. before most likely ending up in court to resolve issues.

any suggestions welcomed, of what to do / try to resolve issues.

Last edited by boggen; 06/12/17 07:29 AM.