If it were me I would make the doc much more square and bigger. Here is the issue.

Your always gonna wish you went bigger. How are 4 of you supposed to sit out at the end of the dock and fish and chit chat. Plus have chairs and a tackle box and a net and a and a and a.... You see my point here.

The last dock I just built in this pic the deck area ended up being 12x10 and that's like perfect for 4 folks a couple chairs even a small table as shown in pic. We even already said man we should of made the deck a little bigger! lol. Just saying I half Assed it the first time and it sucked!! So think it through first. I get you have to float something but I would make said deck area more square.

So make your gangway make sure it's anchored good to the shore because you will have twist with a floating dock. Make sure it's anchored good to the dock. IMO it would be much more stable with a nice say 14x14 deck then the whole T thing your doing. Then you all can enjoy the actual deck area. That's just my 2 cents tho.

Keep us posted and take pics which ever you do!

RC

Attached Images
Dock.jpg

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!