So today, I decided to go out in the back and try to catch a few of the yearling bass to feed the cats. I want them out of there. So I tied on a beetle spin, with a soft ....looks like a minnow.
A few casts and nothing. SO i flipped it out to one of the points, and just let it flutter down and WHAMMMMMMMM. This is the biggest Bream I ever caught. The thing is a monster. It was 11.5 inches long. I have never seen a bream this big, live caught. Almost a foot long bream. Unbelievable. Anyway I had filed my barb off the hook, so I wouldnt hurt any of the bream if I caught any. The hook came right out with no issues.

I very nearly wrapped this fish up in wax paper and threw it in the freezer to have it mounted. Then I decided, it's good breeding stock and a photo is just as good. So I turned him loose and now I regret it. lol. I may never catch another bream this big. The photo does it no justice at all. I should have mounted this fish. Oh well. I didn't have the heart to kill a fish this nice.

There are probably some in there bigger than this. This one fought like a bass. I thought it was a bass at first. What a fight he put up. I was very gentle with him once I landed him.
When I turned him loose, he jetted off like nothing happened.
What a fish. One of these days I'll get my trophy bream.....again. I believe this one was a trophy bream.

So here he is.

Last edited by Jason007; 05/31/17 06:55 PM.