Hello everyone, I've just discovered this site and the wealth of information here. It really seems to be an amazing resource. I just purchased 65 acres with an established 20+ year old pond that's about 3 acres. The average depth is probably 6' with a nice shallow spawning cove and some 15' water near the spillway. It's in northeast Arkansas in the foothills of the Ozarks. Right now it has BG that are stunted and appear to be hybrids reverting back. It also has some black crappie and some LMB but most are stunted. I think my only choice is renovate the pond but time and money are both of concern since there's lots of other work needed on the acreage (dozer work, stands, food plots etc.). So my question is can apply hydrated lime to it without pumping it all the way down and if so would it cost a fortune? My concern with pumping it down is being able to apply the hydrated lime to the bottom since this seems more difficult than than applying it to the water. And also the amount of time it will have to stay down before it dries enough for me to access it and then the amount of time it will take to refill. My goal is to stock coppernose bream and shell crackers and LMB and try to raise big blue gill. I have 7 & 8 year old boys and they love to fish as does my wife. So I'm looking for suggestions on the fastest way to renovate as cost effectively as possible. I know that's a lot to ask and most of the info is here but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to weed through it all wink Thanks in advance for any help you can offer and thanks for having be aboard!