Welcome,

You have a lot to learn for sure! I never realized how much stuff you need to know when managing a pond... Your in the right place for sure folks here will sure help you out if they can.

If you don't mind me asking where are you in Wisconsin? Do you know where Eagle River is? I grew up there my whole life I sure miss it sometimes...

First thing folks here will want to know if what are your goals for your pond? Just swimming and it looking nice or fishing and swimming if so what type of fish?

Getting air going is good, but you should be careful how long you run it each day if your concerned about killing any fish. Normally you should start it up for 15, mins, then 30 and 1 hour and 2 and so on. The stink you smell is all the yuck muck build up on the floor of your pond and gases trapped in it. It can be very dangerous to your fish at first when you start your air up that's why you need to limit how long you run it at first if that's a concern for you. If not I would let it run.

The muck tablets you put in your pond will help get some good bacteria in the pond and working on removing some of the gunk on your pond bottom but I would not expect that to work very quick. Your air is your best friend right now.

Cleaning the surface off like you did is good also. You may want to take some water and have it analyzed if you have someone near you who can analyze your water and make sure nothing is in that is real bad... you never know these days...

Good luck others will be by soon to give you much better advise then I did. smile And congrats on the new place.

RC

Last edited by RC51; 05/22/17 01:58 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!