Hi all,

Complete newbie here looking for some advice that probably already has been discussed. I apologize in advance if it has. I'm a new trustee to a HOA and I've been tasked with trying to make our community pond visibly appealing.

Our pond is approximately an acre in surface area and it serves as a detention pond for the stormwater runoff from houses, driveways and roads in our development. Its approximately 8' deep at the center. Most of it is very shallow.

the pond has been maintained by a pond service company for several years, but it appears that no improvement in the water quality is ever achieved. The aquatic plants are out of control. The pond service company has added aeration about 4 years ago (just one aerifier) and have dye added on a regular basis (sometimes weekly). This is a tough pond to maintain due to when it rains, a lot of the treatments wash out at the overflow. as far as i know, there have not been any chemicals added to kill off the vegetation.

Based on the photos attached, what do you recommend as a good process for cleaning this pond up? Residents would like a weed free pond that looks visibly better and can be fished from.

I appreciate any and all advice.

Attached Images
pond 1.jpg pond 2.jpg pond 3.jpg