Thanks for the welcome guys. Dave, The house and property has not had anyone in it for quite a few years. Lots of brush has grown up around the pond w/ lots of limbs and leaves and such in the pond. Pretty much completely shaded out. we haven't even taken possession of the place yet, but will in a couple of weeks. The realtor says that we shouldn't go to the property w/o her with us, something legal. once I can go there and spend some time I can give more details. I'm not going to do anything w/ the pond until I get some ideas from you guys. I would think that it may need draining or pumped out and then cleaned. Not even sure how ell it holds water, may need sealing. Also, after a pond sits unattended for so long does the fish population get out of whack or something. May need to set a trap and see what's in there. Another thing is that when we actually get the place the pond is not high on the priority list at first. The house needs some work so that will be the focus. If a person was to see the house I live in now and see this house we are buying, they would say I've lost my mind. But we need another project and it's way out in the country close to a lot of fishing hunting and trapping. And I'm fixing to have a lot of time on my hands. Thanks again guys and I will let yall know something as we move along. Tim

Tim