Thanks ewest for the post up. I believe one or more of the mentioned reproduction suppression situations have come into play @ my pond. I have learned or am learning that lake or pond management does not always go in the desired direction.

Bill, yes I have started some harvesting of the mid sized cnbg (6 to 7"). I moved 35 to my daughters 1/3rd acre pond last week. Maybe I wont screw her pond up but I would not bet on it. And I don't believe fishing for these cnbg will noticeably reduce the numbers of cnbg. They just make two many babies @ 5 spawns per year. I will have to rely on the lmb and the hsb to reduce the numbers. Oh well, the predators should grow to the max this year. At the last PBC I learned of "Couch Potato Bass" and I think I may have some of those smile

Ewest, Thanks again for the posting of the studies so others may learn. It was the first time I had read of such things. I will say that Clint at Overton's fisheries told me in March of 16, after a survey, that I may run into this lack of reproduction problem. The guys I have worked with @ Overton's, Todd, Clint and Walt know there stuff and recognized what might happen before it did. I just hoped for the best

Last edited by TGW1; 05/17/17 06:17 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy