I looked up gill nets and there are all kinds of sizes. Has anyone used one for the removal of carp and what size of opening would you use if you would be targeting 16 to 30 inch carp? What area of the lake would you set them in? If you put them in the back waters at 3 feet of water or would you put them in closer to the main part of the lake in 10 feet water? Also if the net does not reach from the ground to the surface will the carp just swim under it? The price brake for the nets is at 100 yards, would be very hard to put a net that long in the trees in the back water. Also I would assume you put the net perpendicular to the bank, so the water depth would go from 2 feet to 15 feet in a 100 yards. That would really bunch up the net in the shallow water and not be on the bottom if you buy a 10 foot net. Would really like some info before I go and spend a lot of money on getting the permits and nets.

61 acre water shed lake. bass, channel cat, black crappie, wiper, walleye, redear sunfish, blue catfish and bluegill. To many bullhead and common carp
http://www.pondboss.com/news/videos/why-subscribe-to-pond-boss