Originally Posted By: Custom 68
Just a note, I tried this a few weekends ago. I used the regular bagged stuff mixed it in my wheel borrow and dumped it in with a couple bigger rocks. In the past when I have helped pour sidewalks or other things with from a concrete truck we took the forms off the next morning. Not so with this stuff in my case. It needed to sit at least a week. I had also poured a base for my aeration that was just formed. Anyway how long should the bagged stuff sit to cure? Mine stayed soft for over a week. I didnt know why it would be bad but a week or 2 later it sat up. During that time it was out of my bucket mold so it broke so I will start over again.
good luck
Dave

Concrete is not created equal. Concrete brought out on a truck for a sidewalk may well be 4000, or at least, 3500 psi test. Bagged concrete mix might be 3000 psi or less. Huge difference in set time depending upon cement content. (Note: cement is an ingredient in concrete, like flour is an ingredient in cake batter)

Also, the amount of added water, or slump, has a big effect on set times. And, concrete poured into a bucket has little exposure to air, AND it's thick, which will increase set time

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.