Hope to finally see it next week. The water has all come up in the last three weeks. I've been down after getting my right ankle rebuilt. (No hardware, just tendons)

If the nests got too deep, it's good to hear the will respawn. Definitely have more cover for fry, due to submerged weeds. I've got strep banks, so little if any plant growth along the banks.

I've had my neighbor looking in, and we talk by phone. I know the level has gotten up to the bottom of my feeder, but not submerged the lower motor. It also hasn't gone out the overflow pipe yet. During the long draught I moved the feeder lower, because it was too far to the water's edge. Typically during past rain events it does not get that cloudy, and clears up pretty quickly. The water coming in comes down through the woods, or two alfalfa fields. Into a rocky stream bed. I'll see it next week, and report back. Curious about a lot of things going on in the last three weeks. It'll be nine months before I'm back to 100% on the ankle.

Last edited by SetterGuy; 05/09/17 11:13 AM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023