My pond had been down 4'+ from full for the last six months, mostly due to a prolonged drought in my area. Earlier this spring I spotted a few YP ribbons, but the pond level came up 2' right after that, due some heavy rains. It stayed there for a few weeks, and I was seeing beds along the bank the RES, and (I guess) my HBG had made. (I've not seen if my SMB have ever used the gravel beds I've made for them.)
Right after the beds were spotted for the RES and HBG, we had another big rain event. (7-8") and now the pond is full again, adding another 2'+ to the water level.
The question is, what's all the water level increases doing to the success or non success of the eggs, or fry? I do have some weeds that had grown along the bank, now submerged, which might provide some cover.
I'm sure water temps have been all over the place with all the rain water coming in. Don't know if that affects the survival rates.

The last time I was there I was surprised to still see some FHM working the pond edge, where the wind had blown feed to the banks. I've got pallets floating for them. I'm amazed they have lasted this long with HBG, SMB, and HSB in the pond. I've even seen the RES working them. Yet they still survive. Maybe it's the sunken cedar trees. The cover is good enough??
Thanks,
Jeff

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023