Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre

dlowrance - what kind of binds does your dock get into, do you have any pictures of it, bound or not?

I don't have a pic but I can take one tomorrow as it's currently in a bind right now after the big rain event.

Essentially my floating section is a T shape, all one piece floating on barrels. There is a ramp attached to the T floating section via a big hinge I made. The ramp sits on the shoreline (at a fairly steep section - when at full pool the ramp runs downhill to the dock).

When the pond goes way up (can change up to about 40 inches during the multiple 100 year rains we've had the last several years) the dock floats up and the ramp goes from a downhill slope to horizontal to an uphill slope, to ultimately floating off the shore completely.

When the water recedes the ramp hits the shore (because it has no floats to carry it higher) before it really should, and creates a bind between it and the dock. The hinge pivots UP, putting the whole dock in a bind.

I fix it by walking out to the hinge and jumping on it. Works every time.

I'll have some pics tomorrow - both before and after.

Dale

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water." - anonymous