Originally Posted By: tim k
If you catch trespassers red handed on your property just make them lay their wallets on the ground and then leave - you then have their drivers license and info to give to the game wardens - very safe, non confrontational way to bust them

Reminds me of a story my drunkard ex-bil told me about, when he and a newly acquired 'beer joint buddy' were walking along while hunting in a National forest.

They came upon a fence with a “No Trespassing” sign on it, ignored the sign, crossed the fence, and proceeded to follow a fire break clearing. A while later as they were approaching an elevated box stand this ballsy old man jumped down from the stand with a deer rifle and ordered them to drop their guns. After dropping their guns he told them to empty their pockets and step back. The old man unloaded their guns, put the ammo in his pocket, and then took their drivers license from their wallets, and put those in his pocket as well. Afterwards, he told them to get off his land, and then turned and walked away.

When they were about 100 yards from the old man, my bil's buddy said, “Hey, I still have a couple of rounds in my shirt pocket and I'm a pretty good shot, I think I can take him from here.”

My bil said that he just laughed nervously, because he wasn't exactly sure if his new friend was just kidding........... or not.

They were both contacted by the authorities shortly thereafter.