Here in WV, the DNR game wardens were re-designated a few years ago as State Troopers. We have the state police (State Troopers). We have the local sheriff's department -- and they really know a lot of the local low-IQ problem makers.

Tonight was not a good night here for me. I got a visit before dark, and then I got and several phone calls over about 45 minutes.

Anybody who followed the FX TV "Justified" series can get a pretty good idea of the connections ranging between the "so called" good guys and bad guys, in this part of the country. It is a very fine line.

In my years of living here, I've found that a bright light, a camera (especially from a cell phone), and a cell phone calling 911 can be pretty effective.

A problem without a good solution, is that it takes multiple escalations of criminal activity by these people before they may possibly be put away for a long time. Although, around here, many of them end up dead in their late-teens to mid-40s, before long term incarceration over a number of issues, like shootings, bludgeoning, overdoses, DUI car accidents, and so much more.

Many are fearless because of drugs. They aren't worth confronting. I still sometimes go out armed, but ...

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!