Just bought a property with a 32 acre full pool lake on it, previously stocked with bass, crappie, and bluegill (not specific on the species). We closed on the property Friday April 28, and we have fished the lake three times, once before closing and twice after. Goal with this place is to produce large lmb, crappie, and maintain a healthy forage base for these species.

Catch first time out was a couple bass (son caught and not sure size or health) and about 6-7 decent sized (8-12#) flathead catfish. Bottom fishing with worms.

Second time caught a small white crappie, moderate size bluegill (hand sized) and a 10-12# flathead catfish. I think there might have been one other bluegill type caught but never saw it. Fishing with jigs and crankbait (jig caught everything I saw, crank caught nothing).

Third time was just me and the dogs. I used worms and started on bottom but moved to a float fishing 12 inches below surface. Caught lots of bluegill, what appeared to be cooper nose, possible one green sunfish, all sizes ranging from 6 inches up to one or two that I think were close to 12-14 inches long and thick. All of them appeared healthy for their sizes, none appeared thin. Caught two lmb that were healthy in the 1.5-2# range and two that were in the 5# range. Pics included below. Also caught one catfish thatbent my #4 hook and fell off at the shore.

I know the catfish need to go. Will help With water clarity and forage base. I also know any large crappie need to go. The previous owners have pics of what appeared to be at least 18-20 inch crappie. Way bigger than any I ever caught in Ohio, so maybe even bigger than 20". Would you recommend throwing away smaller bass at this point knowing the smaller ones I caught were healthy appearing and there didn't seem to be an abundance of them? I know it's only a few fishing trips and not much info, but anything you can offer to help grow bigger lmb would be great.

My new fishing buddy