I would zip tie them on or attach them somehow also. Short scrap board through the blocks with a couple screws would do it. Top heavy buoyant wood has a way of ending up flipping over. Trust me, I know from experience.

Something that is really handy when making structure is 3' long heavy zip ties. Usually these are very expensive when bought in a big box store a few at a time. But if you go to a commercial heating and airco store and ask them for a bag of zip ties to connect insulated ducting they are very reasonable. I think they come in bags of 50 or 100 but a bag will last a long time and bought in bulk that way they are not that much more expensive than the foot long zip ties. Very thick and heavy duty.

Actually you might want to end up with the blocks on the bottom. This would hold the wood up off the bottom a ways tipped to one side. It takes a year or two, but the pallets will eventually water log and sink. I had some I wanted to float and after the first year had to add some foam insulation to keep them floating.

Last edited by snrub; 05/01/17 11:54 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine