Was a nasty day yesterday. 20+ mph winds, 9" waves on the pond, water 4" over full pool and the fish were not at all interested in feed when I threw a little out so I did not go ahead and feed them.

It was a day where the hybrids shine though, as far as catching some fish on a rough day. I stood on the dock, let out about 6' of line (might as well been fishing with a cane pole) and dropped it down beside one of the posts holding the dock up. Raise the rod too high and the wind would take the line and 1/64 oz jig completely out of the water. Chartreuse Gulp Alive waxie for bait.

Caught a few very small BG, one that was maybe 7-8", but when nothing else wants to bite the hybrids with GSF in their genetic makeup is the fish of the day. I have transferred hundreds and hundreds of CNBGxGSF hybrids as well as a lesser number of RESxGSF hybrids from my sediment and forage ponds into this main pond. Pictures below are some of those hybrids starting to get some size to them. Caught a number of smaller ones too.

Attached Images
IMGA2189.JPG IMGA2190.JPG IMGA2191.JPG IMGA2192.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 05/01/17 11:44 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine