Well, the rains this weekend totaled almost 6 inches between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon. The pond was about 1.5 feet below the bottom of the overflow pipe as of Friday and by Saturday afternoon the 15 inch overflow pipe was all but underwater. Plenty of watershed, actually too much. The pond is now very muddy looking. I am guessing that a lot of the greenness has washed out as the overflow pipe ran from Saturday mid-morning and was still running a bit this morning (Monday). A am wondering if this event acted as a nutrients flush of some sort. Time will tell. I would like to think that the nutrients in the pond was left over muck scattered here and there, but the cattle pastures will always contribute to it. The pastures are not overused, but there is rarely a need to mow them.

There were still a lot of the tadpoles hanging out around the banks after the rains so the FHM should still be there in good numbers. I did discover that one cinder block is NOT enough to hold down some of my pallets. A few of the triple stacked pallets let go an it's now time to learn the hard way.

Fish on!,
Noel