Originally Posted By: BlueCatBrad
Originally Posted By: Rangersedge
You've heard lots of very consistent advice from very knowledgeable people.

I'm not in their class, but I do have some experience and also say... For best results quickest, kill off and start over with a good plan.

Also, that wet weather creek... no chance it brings in bullheads, green sunfish and the like is there?

The intake from the ditch has a grate over it. The level of the ditch/creek doesn't hold a consistent level to hold any fish either. If it doesn't rain for a couple months, it will go dry

Just because the creek goes dry doesn't mean it has no fish. Get a large rain where it flows into any BOW that has fish and they will swim upstream and live in the puddles. Then the next rain event that causes water to run the small ones can swim in as little as a half inch water.

It is amazing how mother nature can stock a BOW that a person thinks should have no acces to fish.

We have a small stream that goes dry behind our pond dam. During a spring flood it will have all sorts of fish come out of the creek and populate it. Then it goes dry again at some later date or even year. All to be repeated. I remember my older sister taking me fishing for "perch" (GSF) in that stream that goes dry when I must have been around 4. Fishing hook and a string off a feed sack for line.

There is a young guy that posts here sometimes that catches fish out of the city storm sewer. Gar King is his handle.
sewer fishing If you want a laugh search for his profile in the user list then click on his posts. He does some unusual stuff. Have not heard from him on this forum for a while. Here is a link: gar king posts Fish can get to places a person would not believe.

Last edited by snrub; 04/24/17 07:28 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine