Despite cooler weather, fish still swarming around feeders & dock. In fact, when a friend and I took the boat out, about fifty CNBG followed us halfway across the lake, hoping for a handout! I felt like the Pied Piper of Panfish...

Friend caught loads of fish despite outdated equipment (20 year old line???). Mostly CNBG, but when he put on a small crankbait the LMB were all over it.

Good news re LMB recruitment: Plenty of YOY fish, under 4 inches. Biggest we caught only 8 inches, but we have seen much larger ones in the lake, usually when the feeders go off.

Good news: Wild blackberries are in season! We ate a bunch, but there are plenty more. Hope to get grandkids there in time to harvest some, it will be good for them to see that food doesn't come from a plastic box in the store.

Bad news: We went to Canada goose nest intending to addle eggs, but too late! Mom & Dad Goose now have four goslings.

Oh, well, I'll put in Away with Geese lights after goslings depart. Before then there will be no point, parents won't leave them.

Nasty (and pretty large) black snake hanging around dock area, I guess because there are plenty of fish there. Snakes don't bother me much, except I've got four little grandkids who visit & fish from the dock. May have to show the snake that this is not a good spot for it to stay, despite all the food.

Last edited by anthropic; 04/24/17 12:00 AM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160