I spent quite a bit of time on the pond Friday afternoon just rowing around and making observations - shallows were 63 degrees surface temp on the north end and 60 on the south.

I spotted 6 male LMB fanning out bedding areas. The 3 largest are right around 18". These guys must be native to the pond because the largest I've stocked was spotted on the south side fanning his own little bed.

The native bluegill are cruising shallows and I did see a 6" native female cruising around.

My curly leaf pondweed is exploding in the shallows and the FA has started breaking up on the surface do to irregular winds. I found a few underwater FA blooms smothering curly leaf on the north end.

There are a couple of shallow sand beds where feeder springs dump into the pond. The sand must have been brought in at some point as the creek beds are pure clay all the way down the ravine.

We stocked 250-300 FHM from a local source Saturday. Due to work I have to postpone bass stocking and building a trap for the BH this weekend.

Here is a shot of my water clarity and pond weed explosion

I need to bring my portable Humminbird Helix 5 to the pond and make a rough contour map while the clarity is still excellent

Last edited by Matzilla; 04/23/17 11:48 AM.

Mat Peirce
1.25 acre southeast Iowa pond
LMB, BG, YP, WE, HSB, RES, BCP