I have gotten great pond advice on this forum so I figured why not look for some other advice. I am always looking for advice from older generations who have been there done that so to speak. I started working in the gas/oil fields at 18 years old. I have taken every opportunity offered and have worked every extra hour given and was glad for it. Now me and my wife will both be turning 30 this year and our children will be 6,3,and 1. I have bought and paid for a decent sized farm "and built an awesome pond" in my home state of Arkansas, but we are never there due to the nature of my work. Needless to say this style of work is really beginning to wear on our family not in a bad way we are just ready for something different. Me and my wife have been thinking very hard about going to a homestead lifestyle which would give us all the time in the world with our children, but would definitely end any extravagant spending. I guess what I am looking for is has anyone ever done this here on the forum? have they enjoyed it? Maybe someone wishes they would have? Any advice is welcome Thanks

I Subscribe
1 acre pond with YP,HBG,RES,HSB,SMB,GSH,FHM