Jeff. try 20 seconds the next time you are out there. The HBG might be hogging all the pellets and keeping the YP away from the food because they might be more aggressive. If the food still disappears in the same amount of time, immediately do a test throw for 10 seconds. If it still disappears just as fast, do another 10 second test throw. Keep repeating until at some point you will see a decreased feeding response. Then set the next scheduled feeding event for that length of throw time. Keep it up for a week and see if you have YP coming to the feed then.

I have no problem with getting the YP to come up to the surface for feed, but I found out that in my pond, feeding them during low light (within an hour of sunrise/sunset) had the best feeding response. Throw feed out at high noon and you'd wonder where all the fish went.

Now, maybe if I were to have a high noon feeding time, they might get used to it. I don't know.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).