I haven't posted in awhile.

We are in a drought here, the pond is pretty low and the artesian well has stopped flowing. One good rain should get it flowing back again. I hope we get one soon, don't want the pond to get super hot while its this low.

I stalked the feeder at set time in hopes to pick off the one last grass carp in the pond. I saw it briefly but it sure has gotten spooky.

While I was posted up I saw a flounder swim by the feeder , saw a tarpon roll on a feeding fish or minnow. I saw a couple snook prowling around the base of the feeder post looking for an easy meal.

I also saw something swiping in at small fish feeding on pellets but it was so fast a literally could not see what it was. My suspicion it could be one of those snapper.

If you recall I hooked a snook in the eye ball awhile back, I call it ole one eye. I saw it come up into very shallow water and boy does it look bad. It was emaciated and has missing scales and doesn't look healthy at all. I guess the way snook stalk pry having one eye is a real disadvantage. It is a real shame. I think it will end up dying here soon.

I will (try to) set the go pro at the feeder base this weekend and see if I can get some under water action.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia